In honor of meat week, we’ve got a Chicken Piccata recipe for you to try. It’s simple but addicting, covered in a tangy lemon butter sauce and topped with capers. This dish pairs great with our Roserock Drouhin Oregon – Chardonnay, found in our Adventurer white and mixed 2 pack.
- 2 large skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup flour (use gluten-free flour as an alternative)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup capers, rinsed and drained
- fresh parsley and lemon slices
- Slice chicken in half horizontally, and butterfly them. If they’re still thick after this, cover with plastic wrap and pound them to flatten to ¼-inch thickness.
- Mix the salt, pepper, and flour together and dredge chicken. Shake off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Once sizzling, add 2 pieces of chicken to avoid overcrowding the pan, and cook for 3 minutes. Once the chicken is browned, cook on other side for 3 minutes. Remove from pan and transfer to a plate. Repeat this process with the rest of the chicken.
- Add lemon juice, chicken stock, and capers to the pan, bringing to a boil. Check the seasoning and adjust as needed. Reduce heat and return all the chicken to the pan, simmering for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to plate.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley and lemon slices. Enjoy!
Tiegan Ford is the Marketing Coordinator at Paired, with an interest in design as well. As a novice wine drinker, she enjoys learning about wine, what foods to pair with different wines, and tasting notes to further expand her knowledge and enhance her wine tasting experience.