This grilled cedar plank salmon is bursting with smoky and earthy flavours from the wood topped with an herb spice seasoning. Takes little to no effort to make and is full of nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids. Pair this dish with a glass of Daydreamer Amelia from our Adventurer all white and mixed packs.
Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon
- 1 cedar plank
- 1 pound salmon fillet with skin
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Herb Spice Seasoning
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 2 thyme sprigs
- Soak the cedar plank in a sheet pan with water for 1 hour. Make sure it’s submerged completely by placing something heavy on the board.
- In a bowl, combine the herbs and spices, except the thyme sprigs.
- Using about half the seasoning mix, coat the top of the salmon. Place thyme sprigs on top.
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat at 400 – 450º F (204 – 232ºC).
- Take the cedar plank out from the water and towel dry.
- Once dry, place on the grill and close the lid. When it begins to smoke and is lightly charred (about 7-10 minutes), remove from grill and close lid.
- Place salmon on charred side of the board, skin side down.
- Put salmon on the grill and cook for 15 minutes with the lid closed. It should start to brown around the edges and be opaque in the middle when ready.
- Take off heat and squeeze lemon wedges before serving. Enjoy!
Tiegan Ford is the Marketing Coordinator at Paired, with an interest in design as well. As a novice wine drinker, she enjoys learning about wine, what foods to pair with different wines, and tasting notes to further expand her knowledge and enhance her wine tasting experience.