Indulge in this deliciously rich and subtly sweet butternut squash soup – perfect to get through these cold winter days! This soup is packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber so no need to feel guilty about how good it tastes. Pair this dish with the Hester Creek – Merlot Block 2 Reserve which can be found in our Adventurer red and mixed, 4 and 6 packs.
Roasted Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
- 1 large butternut squash (3lbs)
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tart apple (Granny Smith)
- 1 sweet apple (McIntosh or Golden Delicious)
- 2 tbsp (30mL) olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4-5 cups vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Peel, de-seed, and cut squash into 2-inch pieces. Peel and quarter the onions. Peel the garlic. Peel, core, and cut apples into quarters.
- In a large pan, toss the squash, onions, garlic, and apples in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 40 minutes, stirring every 1o mins. Vegetables should be fork-tender.
- Put half the vegetables in a blender or food processer with 2 cups of vegetable stock. Blend until smooth. Repeat with the remaining vegetables and broth. Place the blended mixture in a pot, adding more broth if it’s too thick.
- Add any more seasonings as necessary. Serve, and enjoy!
Tiegan Ford is the Marketing Coordinator at Paired, with an interest in design as well. As a novice wine drinker, she enjoys learning about wine, what foods to pair with different wines, and tasting notes to further expand her knowledge and enhance her wine tasting experience.