Get your Cinco de Mayo festivities on with this refreshing twist on a traditional margarita! If you’re a wine lover and you adore your margaritas, you’ll love this combination. The mix of tequila or triple sec and wine gives this drink a nice kick while still being refreshing and delicious – and trust us, you’ll be making this for more than just your Cinco de Mayo celebrations.
Cinco de Mayo White Wine Margarita
- A pitcher
- Margarita glasses (optional, but fun to use!)
- Small plate for salt
- 1 750mL bottle of white wine (Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio work great)
- 1 12 ounce can of limeade
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups orange juice
- ½ cup tequila OR 1 cup triple sec
- Lime wedges
- In a pitcher, add the wine, limeade, water, orange juice, and tequila/triple sec. Stir well
- Prepare a plate with salt
- Use the lime wedges to wet the rim of each glass, and dip into salt to coat.
- Fill each glass with ice and pour in the margarita mixture. Garnish with leftover lime wedges and enjoy!
Tiegan Ford is the Marketing Coordinator at Paired, with an interest in design as well. As a novice wine drinker, she enjoys learning about wine, what foods to pair with different wines, and tasting notes to further expand her knowledge and enhance her wine tasting experience.