Wedding season is upon us and a crucial part for the bridal party and guests is to pick a special gift for the love birds. These days, many couples are living together before they tie the knot, which means there’s less demand for traditional wedding gifts like cutlery and dinner sets. Instead, gifting the couple with a unique experience that they’ll cherish forever is truly the way to go.
Gift a Wine Occasion
If you’re looking for a gift for a couple that already has everything (probably because they’ve been living together a few years and have collected all the household items they need) then gifting them an experience can be much more memorable? Consider creating a unique and romantic wine occasion for the to-be newlyweds. We’ve come up with a few occasions, so you don’t have to.
- Movie Night: Grab the couple a Date Night Occasion pack and suggest a romantic movie night with blankets, pillows, and snacks! Consider adding some of their favourite films and snacks to personalize the gift.
- Weekend Getaway: Gift the newlyweds with 2 Occasion packs of your choosing. We suggest the Best of BC Reds and Whites for a good variety to last a few days. These boxes are perfect to grab and go for a weekend getaway – they’ll need it after all the extensive wedding planning!
- BBQ in the Park: You’ve heard of a picnic in the park, but what about a barbecue? Get a BBQ Occasion pack if the couple loves to be outdoors. They’ll thoroughly enjoy a park date on a nice, sunny day with wines that pair great with BBQed meats. Who knows, maybe they’ll be gifted a portable barbecue if they don’t already own one! If not, this occasion can easily be tweaked to an at-home BBQ occasion!
Wine Club Gift Subscription
We all know that a wine gift subscription is the gift that keeps on giving, but how is it an “experience” you might ask? When gifting a monthly wine bundle, the couple will get to try hard-to-find, premium wines from BC and around the world every month. They’ll get access to the Sommelier-led Virtual Wine Tastings where they’ll learn about the wines, master how to taste them, plus meet other wine lovers alike! These fun-filled, interactive events are exclusive to members and will truly enhance their wine tasting experience!
If the couple enjoys drinking wine leisurely, choose the Weekday Warrior Gift Subscription – perfect for all occasions. If they are more adventurous and like trying unique wines, tantalize their palates with the Adventurer Gift Subscription.
Wine Gift Sets
You can’t go wrong with a gift set full of amazing wines and an assortment of sweet and savoury snacks. Luckily, Paired has a versatile selection of gifts for all types of tastebuds!
For the Sweet Tooth
- Champagne and Chocolate Truffles: Champagne Pierre Paillard Les Parcelles Bouzy Grand Cru complemented by world-famous Thomas Haas Chocolate Truffles for pure enjoyment!
- Best of BC Wine with Artisan Chocolates Gift: Red Icon from Painted Rock Estates Winery accompanied by 9 handmade chocolates and truffles.
For the Foodies
- Old World Wine and Charcuterie Platter Gift: Old World Sauvignon Blanc paired with our charcuterie platter with goat cheese, prosciutto, truffle salami, genoa salami, olives, and crackers.
- Taste of Spain – Sarmentero Wine with Jamon de Serrano Charcuterie Gift: Explore the flavours of Spain with the Sarmentero Tempranillo Wine paired with an Iberian charcuterie platter of cured meat and a goat milk cheese assortment.
- Organic Wine and Plant-based Charcuterie Gift: Featuring the Phantom Creek Riesling paired with our freshly made plant-based charcuterie platter for 4. Comes sustainable wrapped, perfect for all occasions!
Available for delivery within the Lower Mainland only
Featuring BC Wines
- Best of BC Whites Gift Set: Featuring our Best of BC VQA white wines, Phantom Creek Riesling, and 50th Parallel Pinot Gris. The gift set includes assorted meat and artisan cheeses with crackers and a jam or spread, nuts, and chocolates.
- Best of BC Reds Gift Set: Featuring our Best of BC VQA red wines, Poplar Grove Syrah and Desert Hills Cabernet Franc. The gift set includes assorted meat and artisan cheeses with crackers and a jam or spread, nuts, and chocolates.
Now that you have a variety of wedding gift ideas for the wine lover couple, all that’s left to do is prepare yourself for all the compliments on your gift-giving and maybe some jealousy from some of the guests! 😉 Happy wedding season everyone, cheers!
Tiegan Ford is the Marketing Coordinator at Paired, with an interest in design as well. As a novice wine drinker, she enjoys learning about wine, what foods to pair with different wines, and tasting notes to further expand her knowledge and enhance her wine tasting experience.