These sweet and spicy pork spare ribs are to die for! They’re so tender the meat just falls off the bone and melts in your mouth – yum! 😋 While you’re waiting for the ribs to cook, sit back and relax with a glass of wine or prep some potatoes and a salad for your sides. This dish pairs great with the BVE Syrah found in our Weekday Warrior all red packs!
Pork Spare Ribs
- 2lbs baby back pork ribs (with membrane removed)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup sweet onions, finely chopped
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Sriracha (or your favorite hot sauce)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 275° F (135°C)
- Season both sides of ribs with salt and pepper. Use a generous amount
- Place in a rimmed baking sheet, meet side up. Cover the baking sheet with tinfoil and bake for 2 ½ – 3 ½ hours until the meet falls off. Check after 2 hours to see the progress.
- While the ribs cook, begin the sauce. Add olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add the sweet onions, cooking for 5-7 minutes until translucent.
- Add the cumin and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add ketchup, honey, hot sauce, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix all together to combine, and add salt and pepper to taste. Let cook for 2 minutes then set aside.
Season the ribs:
- Once ribs are cooked, remove from oven and brush each side with the sweet and spicy sauce.
- Serve with your choice of sides and a glass of your favorite wine (we recommend Syrah). Enjoy!
Tiegan Ford is the Marketing Coordinator at Paired, with an interest in design as well. As a novice wine drinker, she enjoys learning about wine, what foods to pair with different wines, and tasting notes to further expand her knowledge and enhance her wine tasting experience.