In honor of Cabernet Franc day (December 4th) we have a mouthwatering Roasted Chicken in Herb Yogurt recipe to pair with this complex wine. Try it with some boiled potatoes finished in the oven with a dab of butter and some fresh thyme. Add a little of your favorite sea salt and enjoy!
Roast Chicken in Herbed Yogurt Recipe
- 150ml fresh thick Bulgarian or Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, removed from the stalks
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- 1 large organic Chicken (about 3-4lbs)
- Softly whisk all the ingredients (except the chicken) in a bowl.
- Cover the chicken with the ingredients and let sit in the fridge for an hour (up to 4 hours if you have time but don’t worry if you don’t).
- Preheat the oven to 400F (380F if you have a convection oven)
- Cover the chicken loosely with foil and roast for 45 minutes, basting it a couple of times, if you remember. Take off the foil and cook for another 15–20 minutes, or until the legs come away from the body with ease and the juices run clear from the thickest part of the thigh when it is pierced with the tip of a knife. Take the bird out of the oven.
- Rest the chicken for 10-20 minutes with foil on top. Serve with roasted vegetables and potatoes.
Allen Ingram is the founder of myWinegenie Applications Ltd. and PairedClub.com and is a professional chef, as well as a Sommelier. His passion for the world’s best wine and food pairings has taken him all over the world for business and pleasure.